Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Fabulous Fall Wall Hanging

We have an awesome project from DT member Bev Code today. She took our Cupcake template and embellishment set and turned them into a very creative wall hanging. So now I'll let her give you all the details.



JnW Crafts project today is a fabulous fun fall accent. I used the cupcake template and converted it
 to an acorn... and I used both pieces for this project.

I started by using Alcohol inks on the background base. A great mix of many colours spread over the grains of wood soaked in perfectly. On the acorn template itself I changed the colours to a collection of darker colours. To make the top of the acorn more textured, I add some gesso and added more colouring. I put black ink on outer edge of the acorn and also added some Signo white gel pen to
make some line between the 2 sections of the acorn.

The lower holes were great for the large size brads while the upper hole strung with ribbon and knots tied made the hanger for the fall accent. The back of the wood was matted with dark brown cardstock, which I then doodled the acorn shape and design using the Signo white gel pen.

Sticker accents are from Paper House Fall Collection and they trimmed the accent perfectly. They added depth and texture to the finished project.



No comments:

Post a Comment